Saturday, February 26, 2005

How I Spent My Day

Today was another big project day. Rearranging furniture and organizing files as well as moving all the junk around that we have to keep. I shredded about 5 plastic grocery bags' worth of documents that Brian had accumulated, as well as sorted and filed 2 years' worth of pay stubs and bank statements. I worked on this project from 10AM to 6PM with only a few short breaks in between. Whew! So this is what I have for my efforts: (Remember, these are kitchen pictures since I don't exactly have a nursery right now...)

This is the new shelving unit that replaced the glass shelves I had on this wall. It now holds most of what was on the potting bench.



This is, of course, the Pack 'N Play, which is where the potting bench used to be (right outside our bedroom door). I need to find a new spot for all those pots, though.


And of course, all the stuffed animals we've accumulated for Peep already!


I figured I easily earned over $100 for my efforts today (at least if you compare it to what I make at work for my time) so I gave myself a treat. I had been contemplating the issue of the 2nd stroller for Peep for a while now. I already purchased a Graco Metrolite LE during a moment of temporary insanity (blog of that moment can be found here). I mainly bought it because it worked with the Snugride carseat we bought and matched it. I didn't think much more about the whole thing. Now, all this time later, I've had time to read Baby Bargains and other people's reviews, as well as see how bulky it actually is even when folded up, and it's made me think. I really would like another less bulky stroller to keep in the Blazer. Then I don't have to worry about remembering to bring the stroller because it will always be there. And I wanted something that would maneuver well in places like the mall. Other women who are expecting around the same time I am have been talking about strollers on Fertility Friend lately which lead me to research Zoopers. As you might recall, we picked out a Zooper highchair already (which I doubt anyone will purchase for us, so we'll probably be buying that, too). I looked into what the book Baby Bargains had to say about them, as well as the message boards for the book. I had narrowed it down to the Rhumba or zStreet since I could get both at a huge discount on eBay from a very reputable seller. While I was initially looking for something like the Rhumba, the zStreet won out for all the extra features you get for only $12 more than the Rhumba, plus the fact that I can snap in the Snugride. Too bad I can't return my Metrolite! But anyway, since I worked so hard today, I bought myself the Zooper zStreet. Brian isn't too thrilled...he keeps saying we should let others buy us this stuff. But I told him this is a discontinued model at a huge discount (I read somewhere that they sold for $250+ when they first came out, and I was able to snag this for $92!). He also seems to forget that my family is quite frugal (and also prone to ignore registries) so I couldn't expect to get anything quality out of them anyway. There will be plenty of other things they can buy that we will need, but I wanted to make this choice for myself. So here it is, my new stroller-to-be:

Brian is going to kill me!!!!

1 comment:

Kether said...

Oh but its nice! I like it.
and its a REALLY good price.

The packnplay you have is nice. You're going to LOVE having the diapers and everything so handy. Ours has a diaper thing that hangs off the side, but its nowhere near as durable as yours, plus it doesn't have room for the other stuff. All we have in it is diapers and folded burp cloths. We've got the wipes, vasoline, wee blocker and everything else in a plastic tub on the coffee table.

good work today Carrie!