Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Today's The Day!

I decided to take another day of rest from work so I can be fully prepared for my ultrasound this afternoon. I didn't sleep much last night anyway. I don't know if it was that sort of Christmas phenomena-you know, when you can't get any sleep because you're so excited about what might have been left under the tree for you-or if it's just because I'm sick. Regardless, the excitement is mounting. I kept saying to Brian last night, "Tomorrow we'll see our baby!" He seemed about as excited as a man can be. ;)

I'm still undecided about finding out the gender. It's the problem that has plagued me much of my life: I can see both sides of the argument as valid. On the one hand, it would be nice to have that surprise at the end. On the other, it would be nice to be able to buy all those frilly girly things now if I can. :D I wonder if the only reason why I agreed to not find out was because it's the unconventional thing to do. I think I read somewhere that only 20% of pregnant women leave that as a surprise. And I was known for doing whatever was unconventional in my youth just to be contrary, to go against what was expected of me. It was my way of getting attention and standing out in the crowd. As long as there's a healthy baby (or babies!) in there, that's all that really matters in the end. But I really would like to be able to plan ahead...

I won't have any ultrasound pictures to share after my appointment today, unfortunately. The office I go to gives you a CD with jpegs and avi files from the ultrasound on it, but you have to wait about a week to get it. So while I will have a print out or two for my own collection, I don't have access to a scanner anymore so I'll have to wait for that CD to come to share with all of you. But hey, we've waited this long, what's one more week, right? ;)

1 comment:

Kether said...

You and Christine are going to be the death of me with not finding out! =)
Oh Carrie this is going to be such an exciting appointment for you! I can't wait to hear about it.