Sunday, February 20, 2005

Holy Sh!t!

Literally! After coming across the link to Trixie on Kether's blog, I was intrigued. I went back to the beginning (as you can see by the link I provided) and was seriously freaked out by what I found. Okay, I knew there would be diaper changes 10-14 times a day. I knew from Kether that babies, especially boys, have a tendency to wet through their clothes requiring a change of attire in addition to diaper. But I was not expecting that babies actually get poop on everything on a regular basis. I knew about occasional blow-outs, but from what I've read about their adventures with Trixie, it sounds like this isn't an occasional occurrence. I don't think I'm ready for that. I don't know if I ever will be. And I have to admit that I am more than just a little bit grossed out by the whole thing.

3 comments:

~Tanya~ said...

LOL, what can you comment on this subject but...Yeah, Sh!t Happens!!!

Kether said...

I know what you mean!
Thus far we've been lucky in the poop area, but I don't know if those blowouts are more common when they get a tad older. I tell you, I've learned more from Trixie than a million books, though.

Unknown said...

Carrie,

I just stumbled upon your blog after posting to my own and had to do some reading on it. I'm on that TTC journey, after a mc in June 2004, and am always interested in reading other people's stories. Had to laugh at this post. (and side note-- isn't the Trixie Update great? Found it a month or so ago and love it!) I work in child care so I think I've seen it all. I promise, once you master diaper changing (and it sounds like you already have quite a bit of experience there) poop everywhere is the occassional, not the norm. But it never ceases to amaze me just how much poop can come out of such a tiny little being. :D Congrats on your pregnancy. Many prayers all continues to go well for you and you're holding your Peep soon!!

Kat