Thursday, February 17, 2005

Arabella

Today was my due date for my pregnancy with Arabella. Hard to imagine that if we had not lost her, I could have been holding a baby in my arms now. I would be on my maternity leave most likely. And even if I didn't have her already, she probably would be coming soon. What an exciting week this would have been.

Instead, it's been full of reflection and reverance. I don't want to forget her. No baby can ever replace her. I found peace long ago with the little time we had with her, discovered that she completed what she was supposed to do in that short time which was why she had to move on. I still wish I had had more time, but without her sacrifice, we wouldn't have Peep on the way now. It was meant to be.

Arabella, you're in my thoughts today. And in my heart forever.

2 comments:

Kether said...

i had forgotten that you were due on my birthday. my heart is with you today Carrie and Arabell, too

Kether said...

err Arabella. I'm typing with a baby in one arm