Monday, February 14, 2005

Checklists

Let the checklists begin!! There are about 18 weeks left now and I feel the need to cross off things on my To-Do list. Up until now, it was a mental list, but I decided today that perhaps I should put it down on paper. Organization is the key, after all. So this is what I have:

Need To Do Still:
* ***Look For New Apartment***
* Tour Hospital’s Labor & Delivery
* Sign Up For Childbirth & Breastfeeding Classes
* Interview Daycare Opportunities In The Area (see list from online)
* Contact Dr. C’s Office About Being Baby’s Pediatrician
* Get Any Necessities Not Received At Shower (wipes, diapers, diaper ointment, rubbing alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, Q-tips, cotton balls, baby shampoo/soap, washcloths, towels, baby Tylenol, thermometer, Vaseline, bottle brush, baby grooming kit, etc.)
* Install Infant Carseat/Carrier in Blazer
* Wash The Baby’s Clothes & Pack ‘N’ Play Sheets
* Figure Out Drive Route To Hospital
* Pack Hospital Bag With Stuff For Me & Baby (including going home outfits-refer to books for specifics)

All Set Already:
* Pack ‘N’ Play With Bassinet & Changing Surface Purchased & Set Up
* Infant Carseat/Carrier Purchased
* Stroller Purchased (works as Travel System)
* Baby’s Coming Home Outfit Purchased
* 5 Side-Snap T-Shirts For In The Beginning Purchased
* 15+/- Onesies & Sleepers Purchased Up To Size 9-12 Months
* 2 Cases of Small Diapers Purchased (chlorine-free type)
* Selected Crib & Armoire With Mom To Be Received At Shower

Alright ladies...what am I missing?

As you can see by the last item on my list, I made some progress over the weekend. I invited my mother to go to the Baby Fest at Babies 'R Us on Saturday. It was not what I expected; I was hoping for better demonstrations, but it was mostly just handing out pamphlets. In any case, I was able to check out the new cribs they had and Mom got into the act. She helped me shake them up (while commenting "What do you expect this child to do in the crib???") and check out the craftsmanship. Next thing I knew, she was talking about which one she would buy--not what I was expecting at all, but a very pleasant surprise. We didn't go with my first choice since it was quite expensive, but it's still a nice set. The crib can be seen here: Honey Pine Single Dropside Crib. The armoire isn't on their website, but it's the same one that Kether got, just in honey pine instead of white. (I hope you don't mind that I linked to your nursery pictures, Kether!!!) What a relief knowing that's been taken care of! Mom also picked up a couple of sleepers at Babies 'R Us, in spite of her warning before we went that she would NOT buy anything. Brian and I also went to the outlets in Lee, Massachusetts yesterday looking for clothes for him and picked up a couple of sleepers and side-snap t-shirts there at a discount. I know what I said, but this is not my crazed-shopping experiences of the past...I just took advantage of deals I found while I happened to be around them. :)

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Hehe - I have no idea what you're missing, because I'm just figure all this out myself :) But I may borrow parts of your checklist! Can you believe how far along you are already? It seems like a month ago you got your BFP and now you're more than halfway there!

Jackie

Kether said...

Great crib! I love my armoire, so you probably will, too. I'm trying to think of things you should add to your list. One thing we really like is the "sleep positioner" its foam wedges that keep him on his back when he's sleeping. He tries to roll over and he purposely smooshes his nose against fabrics, so the sleep positioner keeps him from giving me a heartattack. I'll keep thinking of what is invaluable and let you know.
Oh..lap pads and sheet protectors. Just in case you have a boy that wets his back like ours does. (I can't wait to find out if yours is a boy or girl!)