Thursday, February 24, 2005

Plans

Big plans for this weekend. If I can get myself motivated, that is. I haven't been feeling too great this week and I'm TIRED. But I need to finish. As I've said before, our apartment is pretty small. But I decided I would show you. Granted, this isn't perfect... I took the sketch from work for the house and modified it as best I could to represent the room divisions and such. Technically, each floor is 777 square feet but there's a hallway to the other floors in the middle, so I usually estimate our apartment to be closer to 700 square feet. In the sketch, the hot pink areas inside the apartment are the unmoveable things (counter, tub, closets). On the outside the "FEP" and "FOP" are porches...you can ignore that. We have 3 entrances into our apartment... 2 in the kitchen (1 from the hallway, 1 from the FOP) and 1 in the living room (from the FOP in the middle). I tried my best to put boxes and such where our furniture is, but obviously, it isn't perfectly to scale.



As you can see, it's a bit cramped. The plan is to take the potting bench out of the kitchen (that's between our bedroom door and the hallway door) and store it at my MIL's house and put the Pack 'N' Play there in the kitchen so the baby will be close to our bedroom in the beginning. Obviously, there's no way it will fit in our room. But there are things on the potting bench so I plan on looking for a baker's rack to hold that stuff tomorrow. That baker's rack will go next to the fridge where I used to have another piece of furniture. Then in the baby's room (which is more like the junk room right now) we will move the desk to the outside wall, put the crib where the desk is currently, and take out the cabinet that the TV is on right now so there will be room for the armoire. Brian doesn't want to move the TV out of there, though, so I will be looking for a corner stand so I can put it between the armoire and desk. It might just work!



Ambitious, I know, but now's the time to do it. I've gotten a lot accomplished, but I still need to do this before I'll be happy.

EDITED TO ADD: I'm at home now comparing my rendering to the real thing and I'm off... the hallway is wider, thus making it so that the baby's bedroom wall doesn't meet up with the kitchen/living room wall. Our bedroom wall is in a direct line with the end of the closet/tub, too, so there's no corner area in the kitchen there. Oh well, I'm not an expert at this sort of thing. You get the idea at least. :)

1 comment:

Kether said...

LOL Carrie.
From one planner to another..I hear ya.

It will work. Peep will "fit" into whatever space you have. Are you still considering moving?