Friday, February 04, 2005

Past Halfway!

Yesterday was 20 weeks 0 days (well, according to calculating by ovulation date) which means today there are only 139 days to go!! I've made it past the halfway point!

On top of that, I actually got some sleep last night! I started wearing wrist guards for my carpal tunnel, as suggested by Dr. K, and tried using the body pillow behind me so I was sort of laying on my back. It took a lot of pressure off of my hip and arm and enabled me to get some sleep until I had to get up to pee at 4:30AM. Then, Peep decided it was a good time to wake up and started punching and kicking me. I wonder if his/her sleeping schedule will be similar once s/he is born?

I plan on doing some more decluttering this weekend. When I set up the new pack 'n play, I realized there wasn't as much room created by my previous decluttering as I had hoped. I'm also trying to get Brian to call on a few ads in the paper for apartments. We really need at least one more room. I still hate the idea of moving now with a baby coming, mainly having to take so much out of our bank account to do so, but I know I will be miserable trying to squeeze all of us in here with all the accoutrements that come with a baby. Here's hoping he makes those calls because a few of them actually sound promising!

Regarding the new pack 'n play, our dog Becky is fascinated by it. Maybe not so much it as what's in it, since I put a bunch of stuffed animals that we have for Peep in there so it wouldn't be a total waste of space right now. The first night, she would go over, put her paws up on the side, then sit down and cry. She even stood on her hind legs on her own trying to peek inside, then would cry. Since then, she's taken to sitting in front of it and staring. I guess it's a good thing she'll have all this time to get used to it. And we'll have to make sure she doesn't learn how to jump into it since she can jump really high. But at least she isn't terrified of it, like she is of the stroller!

1 comment:

Kether said...

When I decluttered my tiny family room for the baby, I had to get rid of one of two unmatched futon couches. There just wasn't room for two futons, the packnplay, the swing, the glider and my scrapbooking table. The baby's stuff takes up sooo much room! But, I never thought I'd say this, I like it so much more without the other futon. Now there's less seating, but I don't care. Liam has plenty of room! =)
Hoping the carpel tunnel doesn't drive you as crazy as it did me.
And wishing you luck finding another place. It will be a hassle, but I think in the long run it will relieve a lot of stress for you.
And, I'm glad Becky's not scared of the packnplay!