Thursday, February 10, 2005

Bye Bye Doppler

I did it! I packed it up and shipped it back today! The doppler, that is. I haven't really felt the *need* to use it in well over a month now, maybe even longer. Crazy considering how worried I was in the beginning, and I certainly had no *physical* evidence that everything was okay other than the doppler. In spite of that fear, and even the scare I had around Christmas when I had a small amount of spotting, Peace settled in and made herself comfortable. So I figured why should I waste money on the doppler if I don't feel I need it anymore. Peep kicks once in a while now, ensuring I don't forget s/he's in there. And when s/he's quiet, I'm still content. It was time.

Another crazy thing has happened... I don't have that *drive* anymore to go shopping for baby stuff. Maybe I'm just too tired, but it's just not there. Yes, I know a baby is coming. Yes, I set up my registry early on so I could keep track of what we would need and I've read probably a half dozen or so books (I'm even in the middle of Baby Bargains right now!), but I just don't feel the need to peruse the baby section or trek on over to Babies R Us. It's like I've hit that point where I know I don't need to shop to make myself feel better about everything...I just do. And yes, this lack of shopping drive has only been for the last week, and we all know what a shopaholic I am--it could turn around at any point. But I really don't think it will, at least not for the reasons I used to shop.

3 comments:

Kether said...

I sent my doppler back this week *grin*
I guess I didn't need to hold it against Liam and listen. LOL.
I hit a no shopping wall midway, too. It will be back, but different--not as frenzied, if you know what I mean.

~Tanya~ said...

So happy to hear that Peace has settled in. You - not wanting to shop!

Jackie said...

Maybe you can give me some shopping tips - I don't know what I'm supposed to buy!

Yay for not needing the doppler anymore!

Jackie