Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Results Are In...

....GBS+ again. So I won't be discharged early after all. I'm a bit disappointed. I'm not fond of the maternity wing of this hospital (which is where I would have to be transferred after birth in order to have a "normal" stay) and I hated feeling like I was trapped last time. I felt like my life was on hold until we were able to escape those doors... Plus hospitals are terrible places to stay. You're more likely to get sick there than anywhere else! But I agreed to stay for observation if I was GBS+ in lieu of receiving prophylactic antibiotics. End of story. I just have to live with it now.

A man following me around in Michaels Arts & Crafts yesterday was making me really nervous. I would intentionally skip aisles, only to have him skip them, too, and end up in the same one. Finally, I reached an aisle I needed to stop and look at the products ... fortunately, a store employee was there, too. As soon as the store employee left, though, the guy turned to me and said, "How much longer do you have?" I was a little surprised by the question... and even more so by his response when I told him 1 month: "Wow, you look really uncomfortable!" Nice, eh? I'm still freaked out a bit by the whole situation... is he some kind of sicko preggo-perv? Why was he following me? After our conversation, he left me alone... but I still felt weird about it. Maybe it's just that men don't normally ask pregnant women about their pregnancies? I don't know... weird...

So place your bets... when is Sprout going to arrive? MIL will be away May 18-21 (and she's our primary caregiver for Maggie while I'm in the hospital), and my whole family will be at a wedding on May 27th. I'm thinking it will be either of those time slots. Hopefully not too late... Hubby's birthday is June 10th, and Maggie's is June 16th. The latest they'll let me go is 42 weeks, which falls on June 8th. June could become a very complicated month...

No signs of labor. Sleeping pretty well, surprisingly. And I'm mostly ache and pain free at the moment. Can't really complain! I'm ready to be done, don't get me wrong. But fortunately I'm not impatient. It will be over soon enough... and then the real fun begins! In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy my sleep!

No comments: