Saturday, April 28, 2007

Where Is The Time Going?

How can it already be over a week since my last post?

I accomplished a lot over the last week. Had my phone consult with the on-call pediatrician, took my GBS test, got the Recharge (natural version of Gatorade) for labor and recovery, got a storage system for Sprout's clothes and filled it up, set up the changing area in our bedroom, did some stocking up at Trader Joe's, ordered the Snug Tuck Pillow for co-sleeping, met the last of the midwives in the group I switched to, and I even made it to a playgroup this week for Maggie! Plus we firmed up plans a bit for where Maggie will be when I go into labor, just need to figure out notification (since my MIL does not have a cell phone and may be living 1 hour away at the time).

Still on the to-do list:
  • get post-partum pads
  • get newborn diapers
  • make & freeze (or buy pre-made) meals to cover at least the first week
  • finish packing my labor bag (it's half-packed)
  • tidy up the house a bit more
  • make up the call list of who needs to be notified after Sprout's birth
There also may be a change in plans. Depending on the results of my GBS test, I may be staying for 24 hours for observation instead of 12 or less. But we'll cross that bridge when we get there. I should have the results at my appointment Monday.

3 weeks 6 days to go... It really could be any day now. Heck, my belly dance teacher was freaking out during our whole class about how she didn't want the baby being born that night - she wouldn't let me do anything! I felt fine following along, but she always made sure I had less reps to do than everyone else, even though I assured her that Sprout definitely would not make an appearance that night.

Which means it's probably time for another belly shot soon. I feel as big as a house. I will be doing a belly cast in the next week or two as a memento, mainly because we're not sure if we'll be having any more children after this.

Better go... Maggie's calling!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're getting sooo close!! And thank you for posting a link for that pillow. I have been searching and searching for a solution to our monster-thick mattress-- he can move the bed pillows, and a guardrail isn't tall enough-- and that looks perfect!