Friday, April 20, 2007

35/35

I didn't notice this last time around, but it's pretty cool (in a dorky kind of way). 35 weeks today, with 35 days to go. :)

Pelvic pain is increasing. Sitting makes it worse, as does stacking my knees when I lay on my side (even with a pillow between them). Fatigue is increasing. It's hard to believe I have 5 weeks left, both as too long as well as not enough time. I've been trying to prepare, but it's not easy when you don't have a lot of space.

The gender neutral clothes are washed and folded. The mini co-sleeper is set up (more as a changing table and nap area than anything else, as we'll be co-sleeping this time). I have 1 box of size 1 Swaddlers. I have LOTS of baby carriers. :) I ordered some of my early discharge supplies (I'm supposed to have certain things on hand since I'll be leaving the birth center within 12 hours instead of the standard 2 day hospital stay). We completed our in-home doula-led childbirth refresher class. I've made the consultation appointment with our pediatrician (May 1st) during which he has to fill out paperwork for the birth center. I called the on-call pediatrician for the birth center, but he still hasn't gotten back to me for my phone consult. I have homecoming outfits for both a girl and a boy (with an outfit for Maggie that matches the girl one). I'm taking the GBS test Monday. :(

I still have to:
  • get post-partum pads
  • get newborn diapers
  • do a big stock up grocery shopping trip for snacks and paper goods
  • get some Recharge for during labor (natural version of Gatorade)
  • make & freeze (or buy pre-made) meals to cover at least the first week
  • finish packing my labor bag (it's half-packed)
  • find some sort of storage system for the baby's clothes (no room for furniture on the floor so it has to be something I can stack on my low dresser)
  • tidy up the house a bit more
  • plan for Maggie's care during labor and delivery (I think she's going with my MIL, but I'm not sure yet how long she'll stay with her)
  • make up the call list of who needs to be notified after Sprout's birth
I'm sure I'm forgetting something...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! You're getting so close now! I can't believe you're 35 weeks already. Hope the next few weeks go quickly for you and that you find the time and energy to get everything done.

~Tanya~ said...

You always sound so on top of things to me, sounds like you have the basics & beyond covered for Sprouts arrival. Getting anxious to finally meet him/her!