Saturday, May 19, 2007

Occiput Posterior

I had a midwife appointment yesterday. Mostly just the usual stuff - pee in a cup, get weighed (I've gained about 30 lbs now), blood pressure, measure the belly, and listen to the heartbeat. The midwife did ask me if I felt differently this time around and I do - I've been pretty comfortable, very little swelling (only when it's hot), and little pain. The pain I have had goes away pretty quickly. That, combined with where they've been finding the heartbeat and the fact that it doesn't feel like Sprout has dropped (plus feeling my belly) has led them to the conclusion that Sprout is Occiput Posterior. At least s/he is head down, right?

So now I'm supposed to crawl around as much as possible and walk. Crawling on wood floors HURTS though so I've been doing a lot of child's pose from yoga, kneeling and leaning over pillows, that sort of stuff. I don't know if it's helping (it's only been about 24 hrs) but it feels like Sprout is lower today... I'm having pelvic pain and I haven't had that in weeks.

Otherwise, we're still waiting. 6 days until my due date! My next appointment is Thursday and I'm still hoping I'll be in labor before then.

No comments: