Wednesday, May 16, 2007

What the heck?

What am I doing up at this hour, you may be asking yourself. I'm not in labor, that much I can tell you.

Just can't sleep. I think I will have a hard time with post-partum depression this time, seeing as I'm having issues already with depression. Yesterday was actually better as far as Maggie was concerned, but now hubby is adding to the mix with the grief he's giving me over our expenses. I hate payday, I hate having to ask him for money when I used to make my own, and I hate that he gives me grief over it even though he has enough to pay the difference. Especially since we discussed all of this before I went on maternity leave from my business.

So, now my mind is full thinking about getting a part-time job at night. How many hours I need, how much money I need to make, all that good stuff. Sleep... no time for that. Just need to pay the bills, get the groceries, and keep the car full of gas. Doesn't matter that a SAHM is estimated to already be working 90+ hours a week.

I knew this would happen... And yet, I'm still upset. While Maggie and I don't always see eye-to-eye, I was really enjoying my job as full-time mom. It makes me sad that some of that will be sacrificed in the pursuit of the almighty dollar. But alas, I have no choice...

No comments: