Thursday, May 24, 2007

One More Day

I don't know why I'm getting so hung up on an arbitrary number, but there's only 1 day left now until my due date.

...and to add a lovely twist, hubby is now sick. My only support person (as we could not afford a doula and I don't feel comfortable with anyone else in the room) and he's ill. At this point, I don't want him anywhere near the baby... which means if I go into labor before he recovers, things are going to get really interesting. I'm not normally a germaphobe but come on - I can't have him blowing his nose constantly in the birthing center while I'm trying to bring a new life into the world.

SIGH.

Stripper Maggie has been practicing her moves. She's getting quicker and more adept at removing her clothes. I've taken to putting her diapers on backwards during the day and we actually put duct tape on her night diaper tonight. Does that make me a bad parent? Hopefully she can keep her clothes on through my midwife appointment later today.

No comments: