Sunday, May 20, 2007

The Prediction I Never Posted

We predict your baby will be born 3-7 days before your due date. Your baby will most likely be born in the morning. Justmommies predicts that your baby will weigh approximately 8.7 pounds and that your labor will be about 12 hours long.
This came from http://www.justmommies.com/quizzes/labor_prediction_quiz.php on May 2, 2007 but I never posted it here.

Interesting... I'm in the middle of the predicted time period that Sprout should come, and Sprout was estimated at 8.5 lbs on Friday. Sprout's head has definitely moved since Friday, too, since I'm now waddling (I was not before), having pelvic pain, and am generally uncomfortable.

Brian wants Sprout to come on a weekday so he can have the excitement of leaving work early. ::roll eyes:: But I've already told him that probably wouldn't happen because I would want to be so sure that I really was in labor that I'd probably wait until he arrived home anyway. That's what my mom did with my sister (her 2nd child). My father was (and still is) a route driver and was not easily reached during the work day so she just sat in the kitchen all day with nearly 4 year old me running around, waiting for dad to come home from work.

In any case, a few stronger contractions last night but they went away when I went to sleep. I've been spending a lot of time with my knees lower than my hips, and my belly as low as possible. It's not that comfortable, especially riding with your back end propped up in the car so you can be as upright as possible. I spent 2.5 hours in the car that way yesterday and I felt like poop by the time I got home. But if it means a less painful labor and delivery and an easier entry into this world for Sprout, then it's worth it.

No comments: