Tuesday, May 08, 2007

It Works!

Just did a test to be sure I can email a post from my cell phone. It's a little tedious, but this way I can share the news faster when Sprout is born! :)

Midwife appointment today. Pretty unexciting. Belly measures right where it should be, heart was beating. We discussed natural things I can do now to help labor along (which, of course, only work if the body is ready... they won't bring labor on but they should help keep me from going over the 42 week mark, which is my deadline). It was a little weird having a woman I barely know tell me that I should have intercourse or stimulate my nipples, but it's not like I wasn't already aware of these methods of natural induction. She did advise me to increase my evening primrose oil intake from 1000mg to 1500mg, inserting 1 or 2 of the gelcaps vaginally to really help things along. And walk. Just what every huge pregnant woman who is already chasing a toddler all day feels like doing, right? Oh yeah, and drink Red Raspberry Leaf tea. I have the stuff. In fact, I have a great pregnancy tea blend, too. But I don't like the way it tastes so I never drink it. Guess I should get on that.

In any case, my next appointment is next Friday at the 39 weeks mark. That will be new territory for me since I gave birth to Margaret at 38 weeks 6 days (induction was started at 38 weeks 4 days).

No comments: