Friday, May 04, 2007

Random Thoughts from a Random Brain

As long as I deliver within the next 5 weeks, I can now use the birth center. Exciting, eh? I still don't feel a kinship with my midwives, though... I half-jokingly keep saying I'm just going to stay home. Hey, you know, if the baby comes too fast, there's nothing to be done about that, right? Sigh.

In any case, we're "physically" ready. Baby clothes are washed and put away. Snugtuck pillow is installed for co-sleeping. Arms Reach mini co-sleeper is also set up (as a changing station in our room). I have my breast pump (though I haven't opened it yet) and a couple glass bottles, just in case. My bag is mostly packed. I met with our pediatrician today and completed the last of the paperwork required by the birth center. I have my post-partum supplies. I stocked up the pantry a bit...

But I'm not ready mentally or emotionally. I need another week or two. I don't want to be induced, so I'd rather not get close to 42 weeks. But I'm only 37 weeks today... I still have time.

I'm a little annoyed right now. Some of you may already be familiar with my baby carrier addiction. In the past, I never worried about buying new carriers to try because I was able to resell the ones I didn't like for very little loss in value. But lately, I can't seem to sell anything. I buy something new, it doesn't work for me (or I just don't like the way it looks upon arrival) and I get stuck with it because I can't seem to resell it in the normal networks that I use. So now I'm out money and stuck with something I don't like. :( It's very frustrating! Or on the flip side of that, I have *1* carrier that is HTF because they are not made anymore. People are clamoring to buy them, they're selling for 2-4x as much as I paid, and there are all sorts of wonderful offers of trades of currently available carriers that I would like to try but can't afford. However, even though I swore I would never part with mine, I offered it up to 3 different mamas (2 who were looking to trade for one of them, 1 who wanted to buy and I gave her a VERY fair price, considering market value) - NONE of them wanted it. :( Combine that with preggo hormones and you get a pscyho mama who feels the world is out to get her. There apparently are no guarantees in life.

I have a confession: I skipped my bellydancing class this week. I really didn't feel like going and I needed to get to the grocery store, so I went there instead. Good thing, too - I was exhausted afterwards and it took me 1.5 hours just to get through the typical shopping trip. I'll go next week, I promise!

Maggie and I went to a lovely park playgroup yesterday. It's a 45 minute drive but it's worth it to hang out with like-minded mamas and their kiddos. She had a blast! We were there for nearly 4 hours and she played almost the entire time, only stopping for a few moments at a time for a snack. This is a weekly get-together that I would very much like to participate in frequently but with the recent hike in gas prices, I'm not sure how often we can afford to go. What a shame.

No comments: