Friday, April 29, 2005

Big Baby On The Way

Or at least, that's what the OB thinks. I had an appointment this afternoon and it all went well. I gained 1 lb since my last appointment for a grand total of 21 lbs in 32 weeks. My blood pressure was a little elevated but still within normal limits. My fundal height measurement was 34, though, 2 ahead of where I am. This is when the OB predicted that I will be having a big baby. I had a pretty good idea that that would happen anyway. I was the smallest of my mom's children and I was 7 lbs 15 oz when I was born. Brian's mom thinks he was 1 or 2 oz bigger than I was. Both of our moms proceeded to have bigger children, even going over 9 lbs. So it was pretty much a given that Peep wouldn't be a petite baby. Not that I'm expecting the 10 lb 4 oz child Brian predicted (and at that weight 2 weeks early, no less!). But it's safe to say that Peep will be between 8 and 9 lbs. Good thing I have wide hips. ;)

I did have a nice surprise waiting for me when I got home, though. The crib bedding that had traveled the East Coast 3 times now finally reached its destination. Everything was even intact! It's even nicer in person than the pictures were! Is it June yet? I can't wait to put it all on Peep's crib!

2 comments:

Kether said...

We thought Liam would be huge for all the same reasons. I was 8lbs/8oz and Dave was 9/2 and I measured big. Dunno why Liam was so small. Even when they measured him via ultrasound he measured ahead, and then he was teeny. 7/2. Weird.
Glad the bedding is finally home! Good thing they didn't charge you for all that "extra" shipping!

Unknown said...

Will be interesting to see if the big baby predictions are right! YAY for the bedding finally be in its rightful place. When does the crib come in? Know you can't wait to get it all set up!!