Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Insurance Mystery Solved

After playing phone tag for a week and a half, I finally found out today what that lady's insurance company was calling me about. (For those of you who don't remember, this is in reference to the "accident" I had on April 6th... her insurance company has been calling and I try calling back, but we never seem to meet up.) They wanted my version of the accident, in extreme detail. They even asked me things like, "How fast was she going?" "What color was the light on her side?" "Was she distracted?" You know, questions I can't even answer. But I did the best I could with what I knew happened. I must have spent 10 minutes just answering questions about the accident. Then she told me she needs to send a claims adjuster out to take pictures of the damage to my vehicle. You know, the scratches on the bumper (which I had already told her that was the extent of the damage). I couldn't help myself and a huge sigh escaped. So I explained to her how I had already told the woman I wasn't planning on putting in a claim and that I intend to keep my word. She said that was fine but that they need the pictures for their file before they process her claim under her liability insurance for the damage to her car. I offered to take pictures myself and email them to her, which she had no problem with. So that's what I did. As soon as I got home from work, I took those photos and sent off that email. As long as she can open the files, I shouldn't hear from them again. Lesson learned: next time, just put in a claim. It doesn't save any headaches not to.

1 comment:

Kether said...

at least they're calling you. My accident was in September. On the fifth of September and I still don't have a fixed car. *sigh*
Its always something.

I'm moody. Ignore me =)