Thursday, April 21, 2005

Are You Scared?

Brian asked me that last night as we were going to bed. I told him no, women don't usually die in childbirth these days - I'll get through it.

"That's not what I meant. Are you scared that you'll be responsible for another person's life? That our lives will change forever?"

Well gee, it's a little late for that, isn't it? But no, I'm not. Yes, I'm worried about money. But I'm not worried about the rest of the details. I know it will be difficult, especially in the beginning. But I also know that I can do it, even if I will doubt myself at first.

Keep in mind, there are only 9 weeks left now. Single digits in the weeks left. 63 days until my due date, 41 days until I'll be full term. And we start preparing for labor at any time starting next Friday.

Alright. Maybe I'm a little scared... But it's nothing I can't handle!

BTW, I added a new feature in the left hand column. There's a game you can play (game name: BabyPeep) to guess the details of Peep's birth (including gender, since I can't remember who guessed what). Play along! It will be fun to see who gets closest to what happens!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Carrie - I tried to follow the link and the page didn't come up. Maybe their server is down or maybe the link is wrong? I wanted to play!

Between you and me, I'm a little scared myself... but we can do this!

Jackie