Monday, April 11, 2005

Bad Day

Well, bad couple of days. I'm starting to get irritable and quick to anger. I have been so even-keeled over this pregnancy that this is really driving me crazy. Yesterday while still on vacation, I got all frustrated because I couldn't find anything fun to do while Brian was skiing. I didn't feel like driving around anymore, shopping wasn't any fun because I can't find anything for me and we don't know if Peep is a she or he so I wasn't going to spend a lot of money while 2 states away on him/her (I have enough gender neutral stuff, after all). I did find a Motherhood Maternity outlet...they had all of 5 things in my size. So I headed back to get Brian at the time we pre-determined and he decided to take another hour to get back to the car, even though I radioed him when I got there. I was pretty livid by the time he got there..especially since I was having wicked hot flashes and I couldn't even keep the windows in the car open because of the high winds blowing sand around in the parking lot.

Today it continued. I had an eye doctor's appointment at 12:30PM. I arrived at 12:20PM and the assistant took me in right away to do the preliminaries, but I didn't see the doctor until 1:30PM. We're allowed 1 hour for doctors' appointments at work without it being charged to our sick time...obviously, I had to charge some of it to sick time, which frustrated me. Then the assistant couldn't figure out how to charge part of my contacts to insurance, and the other one couldn't figure out my address. She typed up a new ledger card with my name misspelled. I went to Fashion Bug after work hoping to find some clothes, because I'm having a bit of a clothes crisis now. Yes, they have maternity...but nothing in my size. GRRRRRR! I came home, took the dog out, and she refused to pee. GRRRRR! I flipped out and threw the clothes in our laundry basket across our bedroom, totally p'd off about nothing fitting (did I mention that I didn't have a chance to laundry when I got home so I had to wear too-small underwear all day?). The state of our apartment didn't help matters any. So I gave the dog a bath, did dishes, and dusted. I got Brian to vacuum 2 rooms (and he's much more thorough than I am) but he also decided to take apart the vacuum at one point because it wasn't working well enough.

I was starting to feel better when we got a call at 9PM from a number I didn't recognize. I shouldn't have answered, but I did anyway. It was the woman I had the accident with last week. She started by asking me when I would report the accident to my insurance company. I should have picked up on where it was going then, but I didn't. So I told her no, I wasn't planning on it because I wasn't planning on putting in a claim. Silence was her response while she tried to compute. It turns out she was under the impression that *I* was at fault for the accident. She tells me that she ran into someone today who told her I ran the red light (the light was *yellow* when I went through it, as I already told the officer because I have such a guilty conscience that I couldn't help myself). She asked me what happened because she didn't even know what did, and I once again explained the situation, just as I had told the officer. She apparently has fender damage and (I assume) was planning on putting in the claim to *my* insurance company but said, "I guess I'll just call mine." That's when I said, "I don't know what the officer told you, but when he gave me the report, he said you were at fault and I was to call *your* insurance company to put in the claim. I decided it wasn't worth the hassle for some scratches on the bumper, though, so I didn't call them." I have a feeling this won't go away. I got off the phone and Brian gave me a hard time for admitting that the light was yellow when I went through it because she could try to sue me now. I lost it and started bawling. I've had enough. As if today wasn't bad enough, now this comes back yet again. Why won't it go away? It wasn't my fault, I didn't ask for it, but now I have to keep dealing with it. And I can tell where it's going...the next thing will be a letter from her attorney. I don't think I was wrong for not calling the insurance company. I wasn't going to put in a claim, so why bother, you know? It wasn't my fault, after all, so why give my insurance a chance to raise my rates? I was told in the past, actually, that you only call your own insurance if it was your fault, so why bother? I have the police report, but what else? If she sues me now (which is the absolute last thing I need... I will entirely lose it if that happens), I'll have to fight it. I'll lose time at work (which means losing time with Peep since I'll have to give up vacation time that I would have used for maternity leave) all because of an accident THAT ISN'T EVEN MY FAULT!!!!

Can I just curl up in a ball and stay there then next 2 months?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

(((HUGS))) to you, Carrie!!! I'm sorry you've had such a yucky couple of days. Hope the rest of the week gets better for you.

Lauren said...

(((HUGS))) Carrie! I'm so sorry that you've had such a miserable couple of days. I can relate to just wanting to curl up until it all goes away.

But hang in there. It will get better. Try to imagine Pea being here in just 10 weeks (give or take a couple)!!!! Try not to worry about the accident. She probably doesn't have much of a case if the report was written up as it being her fault. She probably won't go any farther with it.

~Tanya~ said...

So sorry you are having to deal with this still. Hopefully now that she knows the truth w/ the police report she will disappear.

Kether said...

How in the world did I miss that you were in an accident?!? I've got to read more carefully!
I'm sorry your week has been bad. I hope it gets better.

Good luck with the insurance. We still haven't settled my claim from my accident when I was five months pregnant.