Wednesday, April 06, 2005

I'm So Bad!

I just can't resist all this adorable baby stuff! I reasoned myself out of a bedding set before because of the fact that you only use the bumper for a few months and the diaper stackers that usually are a part of the set are useless... Logically, it's a big waste of money. All the baby needs is a sheet after all... But looking at cribs lately has renewed my interest in crib sets. Seeing all these cribs with beautiful (and *very* expensive sets) made me lust for one for Peep. The company that makes the crib we're getting also makes bedding sets and there was a beautiful dragonfly one by them on display at the local boutique. But it was as much money as the crib!! And while I could have registered for one at Babies R Us, there just wasn't anything there that caught my eye... Well, other than Wendy Bellissimo's Sir Leapsalot, but that's $300!

So I was browsing eBay this morning, looking for a good deal, and I found a custom 5 piece bedding set that fits the bill. I emailed it to Brian because the auction would be ending around noon and waited for a response. The first thing he said was, "Isn't this a bit expensive?" The current bid was $158.99, around the same as all the bedding sets at Babies R Us, which I reminded him. Then he said, "Why don't you register for one and let someone else buy it?" So I had to explain how I didn't like anything they had at BRU. He tried again: "Isn't it a bit girly?" The set is red, sage, and cream with dragonflies and ladybugs. Alright, it's a bit on the girly side...but aren't bugs a boy thing, too? ;) Besides, it's not like Peep will know the difference! "Won't the kid just poop and puke on it?" Well...maybe? But that doesn't mean s/he doesn't deserve a nice set! "We don't have anything that costs that much!" Well, we have our down comforter... "But we don't poop or puke on that!" No...but our dog has peed on it a few times.

He didn't seem happy about it at all, though, so I decided not to get it and we hung up. About 15 minutes later, he called me back. "Check your email." I did as commanded and found an email from him granting permission to get it if I *really* wanted it. So I thought about it...for all of 2 minutes...and put in a bid. And ended up winning it. Yes, it's more money than we've spent on bedding for us. In fact, we don't even have a headboard on our bed, so it's not like we spend money on our own needs. But like I told him, if we convert the crib to a toddler bed before using it as a full size bed, we should be able to get 3-4 years out of it...not to mention using it for our next kid. :) I just hope nobody complains to me about it being too girly... ;)


I think it will look great with our crib!


I can't wait to get the crib and bedding so I can put it all together!!

3 comments:

Kether said...

I like it!
and it isn't girly

Tanya said...

I LOVE it! I don't think it looks to girly at all. :) I can't wait to see a picture of it with your crib!

Lauren said...

Love it! I don't think it's too girly either. I think it will look great on that crib, and the price really isn't all that bad at all.

Glad you were granted permission - LOL!