Saturday, April 23, 2005

Just Stuff

Peep is all set for daycare. I filled out the paperwork and paid the registration fee yesterday afternoon. It was the first time I had met the director in person, but I liked her immediately. She said over and over again that they would like for Peep and I to come by often before Peep is officially enrolled so Peep can get used to the place and they can get to know him/her. I thought that was pretty cool. She also said her own grandchildren go there, which speaks volumes to me. You wouldn't want your family at a less-than-stellar daycare, right? I mean, my MIL is a preschool teacher and has made it well known that she would NEVER want any of her grandchildren to attend where she teaches. So that also made me feel good about our decision. She told me there will be another baby starting the week before we expect Peep will be starting, so s/he'll have a buddy the same age from the start!

In other news, within about 2 hours of my buying the highchair we wanted (because I found it listed on eBay by the guy we got our stroller from for over $50 less than the sales price at the place we registered for it...and it was on a registry not very many people knew about anyway), the alternator on my truck died. It'll be $200 to buy a new one. Doesn't it just figure? We were within a half mile of Brian's friend's garage and he was there at the time, so at least the timing was good. He had an extra alternator for my truck laying around that he's letting us borrow until we get the new one. But still! I also found out that I need at least one new wheel bearing, possibly two. $90 each. Lucky me. At least I don't have to pay for labor.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

so when is Peep going to start the daycare? that is good you have it all set up now! now worries later on. your so orginized :)