Thursday, April 14, 2005

I Am Not Driving Anymore

That's it, I think it's time to hang up my keys. I got hit. Again. Twice in just a little over a week.

I was driving back to work from lunch and there was a utility truck parked all the way to the right under the underpass. So we were taking turns going around the truck. I ended up letting 3 cars go (mainly because nobody would let me go) when I started to go through the underpass. This big blue pickup truck starts coming from the other side and all I could think was, "There isn't enough room! Can't he see? There isn't enough room!" Well, he didn't care. He went barreling through, taking off my driver's side mirror in the process. I was stunned. I stopped on the spot, looking to see if he at least pulled over so I could get his info. I turned around and saw him accelerating, fleeing the scene as quickly as he could. I couldn't even get the license plate number.

Shock. I pulled through the underpass, and then parked in front of the utility truck. An elderly gentleman had seen the whole thing and went into the road to retrieve my mirror. I asked him if he saw the license plate, but he hadn't.

I didn't know what to do. I called Brian and proceeded to bawl almost the second he picked up the phone. Now what? No description, no license plate, and more damage to my truck. There was nothing to do. He told me to calm down and just go back to work. To not worry about it.

Just what I need... I now have to PAY to replace the mirror (because we have a $1000 deductible, so if I put in a claim, they won't pay anyway) for something that ISN'T EVEN MY FAULT! As it is, I've been nervous driving since what happened last week. And now this.

I'm turning in my license and keys.

4 comments:

Mommy Monkey said...

Oh sweetie, I am so sorry, You did NOT need this right now ((((HUGS)))) I'm glad you and Peep are okay though.

~Tanya~ said...

I don't blame you for being worked up. Luckily all is o.k. Sounds like it could of been so much worse. This world is filled with all kinds, don't let it get you down. Think positive thoughts!!!

Kether said...

omigosh carrie! that's awful!

Unknown said...

That's horrible! I don't blame you for hanging up your keys. That really sucks!