Thursday, April 28, 2005

Crib Bedding Still En Route

FedEx hasn't updated their tracking since Tuesday evening, but as of that time, the bedding had returned to Fort Lauderdale - its point of origin. I did receive an email back from customer service when I first asked them about the barcode incident stating that they would get the package to me as soon as possible. Yet, tracking now shows an estimated delivery date of May 2nd, 12 days after the package was originally shipped. I wasn't too happy when I saw that. I sent them a bit of a nasty email yesterday which basically came down to how I couldn't understand how a company that's well-known for their overnight delivery could take 2 weeks to get a package to someone. It really is absurd. This email apparently prompted them to open a case file yesterday, but I have no idea what the file is about. It's been more than 24 hours since I've seen any updates to the tracking and since I've received their automated response. They probably marked my package to lose or damage it, just to get back at the cranky woman who complained to them. :-/ But when I worked in customer service for a mail order company, whenever we had a shipping issue that was our fault, we had to make amends to the customer. It only seems fair that FedEx should have expedited the delivery considering they screwed up and it should have been here long ago. I don't think I was being unreasonable complaining to them. But it doesn't look like my complaints will achieve any results in the end.

At least I don't even have the crib yet to put the bedding on, right?

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I hope you didn't have to pay for shipping! I'm sure you'll get your package soon, but I would be frustrated as heck too.

I forgot to tell you - I ordered the mini co-sleeper and 2 sheets on that sale that you filled me in on. They arrived at my SIL's house yesterday. Thanks for the tip!

Jackie