Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Appointment Today

I got to leave work after only an hour to run off for another ultrasound today. It was supposed to be because the tech didn't get all the measurements she needed and so she could get a better look at the heart, but she claimed today that she had all the measurements she needed. (This comes back to bite her in the end...) So our flighty tech did the ultrasound and I had not a clue what 90% of what we saw was this time. We did tell her we weren't going to find out the gender (after she asked if we already knew...duh! She did the last ultrasound and couldn't tell!), but I still watched closely in case something was accidentally revealed. I have no idea if it was or not. It looked like Peep once again slept through most of it, although s/he was apparently in a better position this time. The heart looked good and apparently we have an anatomically perfect baby. S/he sucked on his/her thumb for a bit, then pulled his/her arm way over the head...very silly looking. I won't have all of the images until I get my CD next week, but this is what I was able to scan from today:

Does this look comfy to you???

The heartrate scan:


The heartrate came in at 156 bpm this time, a little higher than last time. I know what you addicts to the Old Wives' Tales are thinking based on that heartrate, but... I think they sort of accidentally gave away something today. After the ultrasound I had my appointment and one of the first things the nurse had me do was sign a circumcision consent form. Funny how I didn't have to do that at any point up until today... Not to mention it seemed like the nurse tried to backtrack quickly and say "if it's necessary" like that was an afterthought. Hmmmmm...

My blood pressure was okay today, which is a relief. 118/64 - I've never had such a low reading before in office. I also only gained 2 lbs since my last appointment for a total gain of 11 lbs thus far, which she said was great (remember, I'm only supposed to gain 15-20 lbs). But apparently my fundal height was higher than it should be. The OB was hoping the tech had done some measurements before my appointment so she could make sure everything was okay...but she didn't. So I get to go back this Friday for ANOTHER ultrasound to make sure that Peep is measuring fine. She didn't think there was a problem, she just wanted to be sure. Woohoo! Another peek only 2 days from now!

The bad news is that my next appointment is with the doctor I really don't like in that group. She's the one who lectured me on nutrition and exercise and made it sound like I was gaining way too much weight when I saw her in January. I'm not looking forward to it... But at least today went well.

2 comments:

Kether said...

Everything sounds perfect Carrie!
So do you think the nurse slipped or was just saying the thing about circumcision just in case?
The pics of Peep are just beautiful, of course. How's the home organizing going?

Jess said...

Sounds wonderful. I'm very happy for you!