Monday, March 14, 2005

I Can't Believe I Did It!

2 sewing projects in one week! It took some help from Brian in getting the sewing machine properly oiled (why didn't they tell me in 7th grade that there was so much maintenance involved in using a sewing machine???), but I got it going today and finished the ring sling I was making. This project actually was more difficult for me than the pouch because I had to cut 2.5 yards of fabric down the middle because it was too wide to begin with (I don't have a very steady hand at all) and then hem those 2.5 yards of fabric (which just about put me over the edge with the sewing machine over the weekend). Today was the day to attach the metal rings (ordered from slingrings.com). I was really anxious about doing it since I would have to sew through about 15 layers of the fabric in one spot, 10 layers in other spots. But I put that denim needle on like the book suggested, and lo and behold, I did it! Without having to curse at the machine, too! Brian wasn't too thrilled about taking *more* pictures for the blog, but I had to show it off. (Unfortunately, these are *terrible* photos...but I couldn't get him to take anymore and the ones I tried to do with the self-timer were even worse, as seen in photo 2.)




I think I'll give it a rest for a few days before attempting to make one for my cousin...

2 comments:

Kether said...

way cool carrie and look at your belly! you look pregnant!

Jackie said...

OMG - I think those are the most adorable photos!!!!!!!!

I'm glad you posted pics of the sling - super cool Carrie!

Jackie