Friday, March 04, 2005

Perfectly Normal

The ultrasound today was pretty uneventful. It looked like the tech was going to take her time with me because I was the last appointment of the day for her, but then a doctor (the one I don't like, actually) came in to tell her she took me ahead of somebody who had been waiting for a 1/2 hour already to see her. So much for my nice leisurely browse. She had already measured the head twice and the femur bone, so that was it, I was rushed out of there. A 35 minute drive to their office, plus having to leave work early, for not even 5 minutes worth of ultrasound. And my CD isn't ready yet. :( I guess I should be happy though. From the reaction she had when she looked at my file (I believe she said my fundal height measurement was "huge"), you would have thought I was baking what would be a 15 lb baby in there. Nope, I'm just "huge." Nice thing to say to a patient, eh? Nobody ever accused this woman of being smart though. So from what I could see (since she didn't tell me), it looks like Peep measured at 24 weeks 3 days or 4 days, depending on which measurement she used. Sounds perfectly normal to me. So much for more shots of Peep, though. She did say s/he was in a terrible position today and it's a good thing I was in the other day because she wouldn't have been able to see what she saw that day. She did get the heartrate, though. Once again, 156 bpm. Oh, and there was a bottom shot up on the screen at one point (I know because I saw the little feet moving just a little bit and then a big space and then a big circle), but I couldn't tell anything. I have to say there wasn't anything definitive about the shot at all (i.e. no readily apparent appendages), but that doesn't mean anything. I'm not an expert, after all... I probably was meant to see that shot, though, so I would be kept guessing. Maybe Brian is right and the paperwork on Wednesday was totally procedural and the timing had nothing to do with the results of that ultrasound. I'm still doubtful it was just a coincidence, but at least I don't know for sure. Can we fast-forward a bit to a more exciting part now? :)

No comments: