Tuesday, January 25, 2005

S/he Kicked Me!

Being on the fluffy side to begin with before getting pregnant, I expected to hit certain milestones later than others. Then I got spoiled with being able to hear the baby's heartbeat with the Doppler earlier than most and forgot all about that. So when all the ladies in the online groups I frequent who are due in June as well started to feel movement, I felt left out. A few times I thought I felt something that could be movement, but this is my first time getting this far so I have no idea if it was or not. It certainly wasn't a frequent occurance. For some reason, I kept trying to feel movement on the outside, convinced that Peep would make his/her presence known one way or another, and maybe it was just my not recognizing the movement for what it is that was preventing me from feeling it.

So tonight as I laid on the couch watching TV (hoping for a reprieve from the horrible back pain I've experienced lately), I decided to push down a little on my belly to see what would happen. After all, there's some extra padding there to feel through...maybe if I pushed it down a little, I'd make it easier to feel something. Almost immediately after doing so, I was rewarded with a swift kick (or punch) to my left hand. There was no question about it...Peep was answering back. Well, either that or there's an alien in my belly trying to push through. So what did I proceed to do? Push back again hoping for a repeat performance. I know, I'm greedy. Peep must have decided s/he didn't like hanging around there, though, because there was no response after that. Not that I blame him/her. If I was floating around in a bag of fluid and somebody started pushing on me, I'd probably get pretty irritated, too. That's okay... I'm ecstatic about the little bit of response I managed to get.

So maybe all those funny feelings were Peep moving around after all. I had figured it was just gas (a lovely side effect of pregnancy, for sure) or that I was imagining it because I wanted to feel something so badly. I also wondered if the placenta was in the front, preventing me from feeling anything this early. Regardless, Peep is alive and literally kicking! I can't wait until this gets to be more noticeable!

8 comments:

Lauren said...

Yeaaaa! It's a wonderful feeling, isn't it? Don't worry - anterior placenta or not, those movements will start to get more frequent very soon!

Crista said...

Woo-hoo!!! CONGRATS! Isn't it simply AWESOME?!

MrsEvilGenius said...

Yay! Isn't it fab? Mine is a wee kicker as well. My last one was a 'pusher', she never seemed to kick or punch, just stretch and PUSH. Very weird.

Pay attention to how active she is! Both of my laid back babies were lazy in the womb and my GO GO GO baby was kicking and twisting 24/7 (it seemed like) from the get-go.

-Blue

Unknown said...

How exciting! I hope you post your ultrasound pics. I love seeing them!
-Carrie Jo

Kether said...

I'm not going to miss your u/s after all!

And Peep good job kicking mama! keep it up!

Kether said...

I'm not going to miss your u/s after all!

And Peep good job kicking mama! keep it up!

~Tanya~ said...

Yeah Peep!
This is just the beginning, they will become more noticable & frequent soon! Very exciting & reassuring!

Kether said...

Bah. No update?
About the water breaking/interior of the car thing...we put one of the crib sheet savers on the seat of the car for me to sit on. Made clean up a lot easier. =)

(hi peep!)