Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Good Start!

In line with my resolution yesterday, I went back to keeping track of everything I eat. Yes, it's neurotic. But it worked before. This was the biggest part of my being able to lose 35 pounds in the year before we started trying to conceive, even more so than exercise (especially since I had a habit of only exercising one day a week at times). I use this website, Fit Day and it calculates everything for you-all you have to do is remember to enter it into the daily journal. Yes, it's cumbersome, but right now I need to do it again. I've realized that I only know two ways to eat-junk or restricted. In that year that I lost that weight, I was restricting my fat (at first to less than 30g/day, later to less than 40g/day). As soon as I got my BFP and was told I was not supposed to be dieting or restricting fat, I kind of went haywire and drifted back to my old ways. The holidays didn't help, but I'm the one to blame. And it's time to take control again. The funny thing is, when keeping track of what I'm eating, I found it's very hard for me to eat a normal amount of fat and calories. It's almost 6PM and with dinner included, my totals for today are 1308 calories and 25g fat. Not good. One day won't kill me, and it might do some damage control for my Big Mac attack yesterday, but I have to find a happy medium.

Oh yeah, and I did Zen Mama again today. :) My goal was to do that at least twice a week and I've already achieved that goal for this week, with 2 more days that I plan on doing it since Brian won't be home to poke fun at me. :)

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Well, I'm glad you're off to a good start, but be careful and make sure you still eat good and healthy. Don't restrict yourself too much - Peep is hungry! :)

Jackie said...

Not neurotic at all - in school we learned that it's one of the most effect ways of making people aware of what they eat. Good for you! I hand out food diaries to my case studies all the time and I wish everyone had as good an attitude as you!

Jackie

Rosanne said...

I know what you mean on getting back into the exercise routine. I'm trying to kickstart mine, too. Wanna be my workout buddy?

Kether said...

Good girl! =)
Just feed Peep when _she?_ is hungry. =)