Sunday, January 16, 2005

My Boring Life

I've realized that I haven't been blogging about anything other than my latest obsessions because there just isn't anything to share... Not that I'm complaining. I don't need excitement in my life right now, and as long as everything is going well, it doesn't matter that it's boring. It's just strange how life goes like that...one moment there is an abundance of things going on, too much to keep up with. Then it quickly transitions into those peaceful lulls that you just get through without paying much attention. Then again, I'm not too good at paying attention these days anyway. I can't remember crap and my concentration is shot. But I manage.

2 weeks and 3 days until the ultrasound. My cousin will be having hers this Wednesday. It will actually be her 3rd ultrasound - and yes, I'm jealous. At least Peep is well enough that they haven't felt the need to take extra peeks, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see what's going on in there. I'll take what I can get though. I'm really excited, although I don't know why. We're not finding out the gender, so we don't have the usual thing to look forward to at this midpoint ultrasound. But it will be the first time Brian will be seeing Peep, so that should be interesting. And s/he will be about 6 or 7 inches (if I recall correctly) at this ultrasound instead of the 1 cm s/he was at the last one. I still can't believe I have a living being inside of me that's about 5 inches long and I can't feel his/her presence. Soon enough, I know, but not yet. I'm not stressing though... In fact, I'm considering sending back the doppler. I haven't used it in over a week and I don't really feel the need to. Like I said, pretty boring around here. Peace has settled in and I welcome it.

3 comments:

Rosanne said...

Boring is good, right? Hope it stays that way!

Kether said...

Carrie,
I thought i was going to cry when I read that Peace has settled in. I am so very very happy for you. I can't wait to hear about Peep's ultrasound. I can't wait to see if you'll be able to use that beautiful dress! That ultrasound will be one of the most amazing experiences of your life.
And week old baby or not, I'll be checking in all day to see the news!

Jackie said...

Amen to feeling peace and to not having any obsessions to post about! Enjoy that feeling for as long as you can (hopefully so LONG you can't stand it anymore!) The ultrasound is going to be awesome!

Jackie