Wednesday, September 01, 2004

2 More Weeks...

[Here's a story only those who are (or have been though) Trying to Conceive will appreciate...]

This morning I posted my BBT (basal body temperature) in my Fertility Friend chart and got a lovely surprise...it looks like I finally ovulated! According to FF, I am now 3 days past ovulation. Which means, I'm officially in the 2 week wait without even planning it (we happened to have great timing entirely by accident). I'm very anxious right now. We wanted to try again, but I'm scared. What if I am pregnant and we lose this one, too? I'll be going through a whole gamut of emotions (that are perfectly normal for those who have experienced miscarriages) that will be out of my control. I hate being out of control. But as I keep telling myself, I just need to go with the flow... Handle each event as it occurs instead of stressing about what could possibly be nothing. So now I sit and wait.

4 comments:

Jess said...

I hope you never have to endure the pain of another miscarriage. Even so, just keep hope for the good things that will eventually come.

A member of my family, whose identity I will protect here, has three healthy sons. Between son #1 and son #2, she suffered through several miscarriages.

Each one was very difficult, as you know (better than I probably can, since I'm a man). Even so, she kept trying. Eventually, things came together again, and she continued to build her family.

As I said, she wound up with three healthy sons. It took a lot of will for her to endure the sadness of the miscarriages, but everything wound up fine in the end.

Don't get me wrong. I hope you never have another miscarriage, but that's not in anyone's power to dictate. My point is that you have to do your best to deal with whatever life throws at you (and I know that's easier to say than to do). We may not know the reason for these things--and maybe there is no reason (maybe it's just life)--but we have to find the good things in life and push on through the challenges.

Christine said...

Wishing you a very fast 2WW!

Thank you for your comment on my blog. I also see that we are neighbors! I live near Glastonbury for now. We will be moving to PA in a couple of months. Where are you?

Your loss has been so recent, and must still be so fresh. Is there anything that I can to do help you? We Sisters need to stick together!!

Crista said...

Ooh, ooh, someone else in CT?! How exciting...I live in NE CT (the "quiet corner") and work in New Haven. Christine and I have actually met up in person, after "meeting" on the boards, and it was great!

Carrie, you are a great writer, and I'm enjoying your blog. I hear ya re: the 2ww...and I love it when you're suddenly and pleasantly surprised that you're 3 days in. That happened to me this month, too!

I'm so sorry for your loss, and I'm wishing you much GL with the ttc journey...I'll be keeping tabs on you. :)

Kether said...

I feel like I'm following my friends Mia, Christine and Crista around. I'm glad they brought me to this blog, though, via comments on Christine's.
Christine is right, your loss is so recent, and we know how alone you can feel at this time. If you need anything, let us know and we'll be there for you.
Congrats on the suprise entry into 2WW. Wishing you a speedy and successful 2WW. Lots of baby dust to you.