Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Hey!

Boy do I feel jipped! Mia's horoscope link gave me the same horoscope today... Hmmmm.... Maybe the message was just sooo important for me to pay attention to that I had to read it twice? :)

I've actually been pretty down this week. It was supposed to be a milestone week for me. I know, I sound like a broken record. But all I can think of is how excited I was when I counted out the weeks and found that 20 weeks would have been September 30th, only days before my 27th birthday. My birthday present was supposed to be that special gender-determining ultrasound. Instead, I have an empty womb for my birthday. Can I exchange it for something else? The only redeeming factor is that I may be ovulating any day now, so there's some hope... It's just that I would rather be 20 weeks pregnant right now like I would have been had I not miscarried in July. What a downer I am this week...

I'll just have to keep myself busy. I have a plethora of options to keep me busy this weekend, from the kayak and canoe end of season sale, to kayaking demonstrations at White Memorial Conservation Center, and the Harwinton Fair that I've meant to go to for years now. I'll do my best to eat and be merry this weekend and hopefully it will help me move on instead of looking back all the time.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Carrie-
I know what you mean about celebrating your birthday with an empty womb. I should have been around 16 weeks, but it is ok.

shoot- you didn't get a new horoscope??

have fun this weekend!

(((hugs)))

Mandy

Amanda said...

oh wait, I didn't either!

Kether said...

GRR! I just lost my whole comment!
Anyway,what I said was that my 31st birthday (which is also my dh's birthday) was two weeks after my D&C. It was hard because I realised then that with my next pregnancy I'd be inching even closer to that horrid "Advanced Maternal Age"
Dh decided that we should make a list of things we couldn't or probably wouldn't do when I was pregnant. We went to amusement parks, played drinking games, went to vegas, a weekend at the beach and a cruise over the next few months post m/c. Keeping busy definitely helped me to get my mind off of it and move forward.
I hope you are able to do the same.