Wednesday, September 15, 2004

The Moment of Truth Is Arriving!

After an excruitiating last 36 hours, today I will get the answer to my question. I don't know if I can manage to wait the next 2.5 hours before I'll be able to talk to my doctor's office. But I guess I have to. Still no signs of AF and I still have elevated temperatures. I'm now 17 days past ovulation. The Fertility Friend software will be proclaiming me as being most likely pregnant anyway if my temperature is still elevated tomorrow (which, if it has been for 17 days now, why wouldn't it be so tomorrow as well?), so all signs are pointing in the right direction--I just need verification. My husband even noticed that my skin is clearing up, something that happened the last time I got pregnant, so even he is convinced now. I hope I won't have to crush his hopes in a few hours.

For those who wondered, I did find a solution to the dental x-rays problem. At about 3AM on Tuesday when I was lying awake in bed because I was too nauseous to sleep, I remembered that there was a warning on my new medication to not have x-rays while on it. Since I had taken my dose only hours before, I couldn't have had x-rays even if I wasn't pregnant. It's so nice that a solution presented itself when I finally quieted down my mind and just plain listened. I'm glad I had that excuse, too, because I know what would have happened. Heck, my dentist even knew about my miscarriage and I only see him twice a year, so the grapevine is pretty active down there. I'm glad I was able to avert potential rumors from emerging from that office.

So now all I can do is wait. I've never been the patient sort, but now I have no choice. I will update once I get the results.

No comments: