Sunday, September 12, 2004

Thanks!

I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone. You all have been great in trying to keep me sane through the latest little breakdown I had. It really means a lot to me that you took the time to comment and offered soothing words of advice. My family doesn't understand, and my "real life" friends are all single, so I don't have anyone to talk to about any of this ordeal who would have some shred of sympathy for the situation. Most of my extended family were "oopses"--my siblings and I were all the products of alcohol and holiday parties--so the charting and obsessing is not something familiar to them.

I've been trying to keep busy to keep my mind off of things. School is helping in one manner with that task, I've also increased the frequency of my workouts so most of the time, I'm just to tired to think about it. What's going on right now doesn't make any sense, but, as I've said before (as well as been reminded of recently ;) ), I just have to go with the flow. I don't have a choice in the matter. Why struggle against things over which we have no control? So, with renewed strength of spirit thanks to my friends in the cyber world, I resolve to try to not obsess quite so much. (Kind of weak, huh? It's a start...) I'm going out with a friend this afternoon who I haven't seen since before my miscarriage, and before you know it, we'll be back into the work week when I won't have so much time on my hands. And hopefully, my body will make a decision soon as to what it's planning on doing so I can get out of this limbo state and start thinking like a normal person again. :)

2 comments:

Jess said...

Just an idea--start planning events for next weekend right now. Fill the weekend with fun things, so you relax and don't worry too much.

Oh, and no thanks are needed for sharing some words. Some people--even us guys--can empathize with the pain of others. When we do, we want to help.

Jess said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.