Wednesday, December 28, 2005

2005: A Year in Review

Sparked by Crista's year in review, I decided to make myself find the time to do the same. It's been quite the year! I just couldn't stick to only one sentence, but here it is:

January 2005: Bad Dreams Again...
I slept horribly last night. The people upstairs had a party while we were out, and I guess they decided 1-2AM was a great time to clean up after it. All the thumping and heavy-footed walking made it extremely difficult for me to sleep. I had a lot of dreams (which explains why I feel terrible today - I obviously had poor quality sleep). The most vivid was another one of those things that tends to come with pregnancy, but it was just plain horrible.

February 2005: Sick :(
I knew it was coming. I had an earache over the weekend and I haven't had one of those in a while. I've been a lot more tired than usual, too. And sure enough, I woke up (if you can call it that since I didn't sleep too well to begin with) in the middle of the night with post-nasal drip, a sore throat, and congestion.

March 2005: Appointment Today
I got to leave work after only an hour to run off for another ultrasound today. It was supposed to be because the tech didn't get all the measurements she needed and so she could get a better look at the heart, but she claimed today that she had all the measurements she needed. (This comes back to bite her in the end...)

April 2005: I Should Have Known Better
Yesterday was crib shopping day with Mom.

May 2005: Difference Of Opinion
All weekend long, Brian talked about how he wants a house. He wants more space. He wants to move. He doesn't want to live where we do anymore. But most especially, he doesn't want to rent anymore.

June 2005: Dressing Up The Pup
We have a lot of fun with our dog, Becky. Besides taking her just about everywhere with us, she's sort of like having a furry little kid. She loves her people, in spite of the things we make her endure. Like dressing her up.

July 2005: Amnesia
I realized today that, for the life of me, I could not recall the pain of true labor that I had near the end.

August 2005: Just As Predicted... [UPDATED]
1) Maggie did not sleep through the night last night. The previous 2 nights must have been a fluke. We were back to waking up around 3:30AM and then 7AM. At least I knew to expect it...
2) I don't want to return to work.

September 2005: Doing Well...and Not
Maggie is doing very well at daycare. She's happy to be there and I hear their biggest problem is that she smiles too much when they feed her. She has quickly become a favorite of much of the staff (at least, that's what I've been told).

October 2005: A Day At The Fair
Margaret went to her first fair today. It was actually my birthday present since Brian isn't a fan of fairs (doesn't like the smell of the animals). Since it was my birthday, though, he agreed to go.

November 2005: Back To Normal
Sorry to leave everyone hanging like that! It got to be quite a busy week!
Tuesday Margaret started acting more like her old self again. Smiles were abundant and she was in a playful mood. It came just in time, as I wasn't sure how much more I could take of the changeling child we had.

December 2005: Time Flies
I have been so busy, I actually *forgot* I had a blog! Hard to believe, I know, but it's true!

I contemplated going against the trend and posting my messages from the end of every month instead of the beginning. :D But it's nice to go back and see how I put the last year into words. We've come so far, and have so much to be thankful for. I can only hope that next year is even better, for all of us!

1 comment:

Renee said...

Carrie,
Hi. I found your blog through Kether's. I enjoyed looking around your site . . and your line in your profile about just trying to make it thru the workday to get back to the baby reminded me so much of myself.
I'll keep checking back . .