Monday, June 13, 2005

Still Here!

I should just post a general TMI alert for any posts from this point forward, LOL!

I'm still here. I lost a lot of my mucus plug this morning. More than all of what I lost before total. Could this be the rest of it? I've also had 2 loose BMs today, yet another symptom that labor is imminent. From what I read, this could mean within 48 hours labor will start. How convenient! Perhaps we won't be needing the Pitocin after all! I will definitely ask them to start with a low dose and see if it jump starts without much drugs as it seems like my body is definitely moving toward going into labor anyway.

It's weird to be home today. Aside from sick days and vacations, I've worked every day for the last 17 years of my life (yes, even when I was 10 years old! I had a paper route, so I had to get up early EVERY day for that). I slept in until 8:30AM. Ate breakfast, laid on the couch, felt nauseous, so I went back to sleep by 10:30AM. Woke up at 12:30PM. Ate lunch, watched TV, laid in the recliner, then decided I better pay this week's bills before I forget about them. I promised Brian that I would take it easy, and I'm sticking to that since I know I will need my energy. I'll probably be up all night tomorrow, unless Peep decides to make an appearance even sooner.

My mom called earlier and invited us over for dinner tonight. Yay, I don't have to cook! Boo, she doesn't have air conditioning. Ugh! We've had more 90 degree days this month than we had all of last summer, and it's so HUMID. I've been perfectly content to stay in my air conditioned apartment and not go outside at all lately. But I'll brave the humidity since this is supposed to be a sort of belated birthday dinner for Brian. And besides, I don't want to leave any dirty dishes when I go to the hospital, so we might as well eat at someone else's house. ;)

3 comments:

Kether said...

I AM SO EXCITED THAT I'M BURSTING!

I cannot wait to find out what you've got in there and 'meet' your new babe.

Sending you tons of thoughts and prayers for a good labor and easy breastfeeding.

Kether said...

promise me that you'll keep us updated via email posts to your blog. Promise me. I'll die Carrie. I will. I've just barely survived a week without knowing about Katie.
I am nosey and I need info. =)

Unknown said...

Hope you're off enjoying dinner, staying as cool as possible, and relaxing while you can!!! SO excited for you!!! Post asap and let us know everything!