Sunday, June 12, 2005

Lest Anyone Worry...

...I'm still here! Just had a busy day yesterday at my MIL's house, and today I'm trying to take it easy. I've lost bits of my mucus plug a few times now, and I think I had a bout of nesting this morning (I just HAD to clean the bathroom...but I made myself rest after that because I know I will need my energy), so things are moving in the right direction.

I'm still hoping I can kick start labor on my own (although not before Tuesday) but I also know I don't have any control over the situation. So I continue to take my 960mg/day of Red Raspberry Leaf, I've upped the Evening Primrose Oil to 1500mg/day, and I take 1000mg/day of Flax Seed Oil (another supplement that purportedly simulates prostaglandins like EPO, although I've been taking Flax Seed Oil throughout this pregnancy as a source of Essential Fatty Acids since I don't eat fish). I'm also bouncing and rotating on the birthing ball (aka exercise ball) for about 10 min/day. I'm still trying to decide if I will try a *small* dose of castor oil on Tuesday before my induction... Worst case scenario, I won't have to worry about certain unpleasant things potentially happening on the birthing table, right? ;) It was recommended by 3 people I know, but I'm just not sure on that one yet... Anything else? Going for a good walk, while highly recommended, is unbearable in the heat and humidity right now. Plus my feet are so swollen that I have no desire to go on any hikes, especially since I can only fit into my Tevas. Spicy foods don't appeal to me ever, so I really don't want to resort to that. And to be honest, DTD is pretty much the last thing on my mind. I feel like a beached whale as it is...

So here I sit and wait. 2 more days. 2 more days until the process starts, probably 3 more days until we find out who Peep is after all...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you checked in. You know we worry out here in blog land if you go awol for a while in your condition. ;) Can't wait to hear about Peep's arrival. Best wishes for a speedy, easy delivery!