Sunday, June 05, 2005

Murphy's Law

Well, the day started out well. We had a nice walk at the nature preserve and took some pictures:




(Yes, that's my bare belly!! I know I swore there would be no bare belly shots, but I figured it looks round enough now from Peep that it actually looks like a preggo belly, and I might have regretted it if I didn't have at least one picture to remember...)

Then we went to the mall movie theatre to see Star Wars, which was pretty good. We were planning on going to a nature preserve in Bristol (the city where Brian's parents live) to try to take a few more pictures, and then to Ruby Tuesdays for dinner. But Brian got a call from his dad that he wouldn't be able to make it to Brian's birthday party Saturday, so we decided to visit him. When the visit was over, there was a huge puddle under my truck...and the radiator was dry. Apparently, the water pump blew. He tried to put water in to get us home, and it poured right back out the bottom. Fortunately, we weren't far from his friend's garage (just like when the alternator went last month!) so that's where my truck is now. Brian will be going over there tomorrow after work to fix it. The part is only $40, but it's a pain in the rear to replace it, and apparently, there's corrosion in the radiator which could be a sign of bigger problems to come. I'm also not sure yet how I'm getting to and from work tomorrow. Brian has to be at work an hour before I do, and he gets out an hour after I do. And while we live only about a mile from where I work, it will be near 90 degrees again tomorrow...I am not walking. He's going to see if our extra vehicle (the Cherokee) can be driven so I'll be able to get back and forth. So ladies, I need NO LABOR VIBES for the next 24 hours, please. :D Thank goodness this happened before we were en route to the hospital!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the pics!

Bummer about your truck. May Peep stay in place a while longer, till you get it all sorted out!

Kether said...

Holy Moly!
16 days left!?!?

I LOVE THE PICS CARRIE! I MEAN LOVE THEM.

And wow...its good to see Mia out and about again. Been meaning to say that on my own blog.

Ok. I'll keep my Easy Labor Vibes to myself for the next few days. But, then, girl its ON...

Rosanne said...

Carrie, These pics are awesome! You should hire Brian out to take pics of all of us!