Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Bring It On!

Okay, the Blazer is fixed and we're ready to go. :D Bring on those fast and easy labor vibes because I'm ready! Of course, I haven't had any indications that labor will be forthcoming any time soon... The only hope I have is the dilation/effacement from my last appointment and the fact that my pelvic bones have a lot of pressure on them right now, leading me to believe that Peep's head is a bit lower than it was last week. Oh, and (TMI alert!) I *may* be losing my mucus plug little by little instead of all at once...I have had an increase in discharge recently that reminds me of eggwhite CM. But not much of it, so maybe I'm just overanalyzing the situation or having hopeful thoughts. Becky has also been acting strangely, which we hoped was a sign. She's been even more clingy than usual, even insisting 5 or 6 times last night that she would sleep on the bed (her place is on a pillow on the floor on Brian's side of the bed). Even Brian wondered if she knew something. But alas, here I am typing away this morning with narry a cramp, let alone a contraction, so if she has picked up on something, it has yet to happen.

There are many things I will miss when Peep is born. That special little bond, our little secret that only we shared while s/he was inside of me. That weird feeling when s/he kicks or stretches out. Feeling that at least while s/he's inside me, s/he's safe from all the weirdos out there in the world. And yes, there are things I won't miss (like the super-swelling of my feet). But the thing I'm most looking forward to ending once Peep is born is the daily barrage of self-righteous predictions as to which gender Peep is. Every single day someone forces a prediction on me, nodding in a "knowing" way like s/he has some secret inside information that makes his/her prediction the most accurate of all. Sadly, I will admit to wishing that Peep is a girl just to prove some of these people wrong because of how much they have irritated me throughout this pregnancy. It's shameful, I know, but so is the behavior of these people.

1 comment:

Kether said...

Ok Peep you can come any minute now. ANY MINUTE.
I'm DYING to know what you have in there Carrie!