Friday, July 15, 2005

That's My Dad!

It was so good to see Dad awake and himself again! The man's heart stopped beating Monday night and he had been unconscious until Thursday morning, yet he had no problems flirting with the nurses and chatting with anyone who walked by his doorway. He's restless (my father's never been good at just sitting still) but very much alive. We snuck Maggie into the ICU so Dad could see her. It was very much appreciated. :) I wasn't sure if she was allowed there, but I figured that since it was a Cardiac ICU, there probably wouldn't be as much germs as there would be in a typical ICU. Sure enough, once of Dad's nurses came in and saw her and told us about the rule, but promised that she "didn't see a thing" and left. Dad should be moved to a regular room today, so we shouldn't encounter that problem the next time we visit. They're supposed to have him start walking again today and it sounds like they'll be discharging him early next week.

Maggie had her 1 month check-up yesterday, as well. She is now a whopping 11 lbs 4 oz!! She's also now 22 inches long and her head is about 15 inches around (they measured that in centimeters, and I think it was 38, but maybe it was 28...I looked at the inches side of the tape when they measured). She's in the 95th percentile all around for growth. What a big girl we have! The pediatrician we saw this time is the one I spoke with when we started supplementing 3 weeks ago. She was very understanding of my decision to switch to all formula. And even though we're using a formula that wasn't recommended by their office (they only recommend Enfamil and Similac, both of which are quite expensive...we're using Parent's Choice, the Wal-Mart generic brand), she agreed that as long as Maggie was tolerating it well, it didn't matter which one we used. She goes back August 16th for her regular check-up and immunizations.

Some pictures from July 11, 2005... When she's awake all morning and won't let me put her down for long, I don't have much to do with her, so I take a lot of pictures. :)





I also want to thank you all for keeping my family in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. I know my whole family appreciates your consideration, my father most of all. He actually said to me yesterday that it was touch and go for a while there, but in the end, he decided to come back. Perhaps your prayers assisted in that decision. Thank you.

3 comments:

Christine said...

Yay! I'm so glad to hear that all is well!! And the pictures are so cute!! I can't believe how much she's grown!! WTG, Maggie!!

(((Hugs)))

Unknown said...

So glad to hear your dad is doing well. How sweet of that nurse to "not see anything." And Maggie is a doll!!! Such a cutie!

Kether said...

Happy one month Maggie!

So happy to hear about your dad.