Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Playing Around

After a heckish day yesterday (Miss Maggie didn't want to nap all day and kept "snacking" instead of eating, then the power went out at 95 degrees with super-high-humidity, and of course, the obvious) today was perfect. Maggie napped like she should, ate like she should, and was generally a happy baby when awake. If every day were like this, I'd never return to work or leave her side.

During her morning nap, I started a project I've been meaning to do for a while. I borrowed 2 of my mother's photo albums so I could scan in some of my favorite pictures, thereby archiving them and having them accessible to me. I was able to get from 1977 throuh 1988 today...not bad for one morning. But what's really cool is what happened when I played around in Photoshop Elements. My mom had some really old portraits of me from when I was one month old that the colors went a bit funky over the years. Check this out:

The original:


The edited:

Not bad for letting the program do it for me!

My big interest in these pictures in particular was to see if I could see any of myself in Maggie. I do see a bit now but what was more amazing to me is that I saw bits and pieces of her in each of the baby pictures of my siblings, too. She has my sister's hair at birth, my hairline and cowlick, some of my facial expressions, as well as some of my brother Jake's facial expressions, too. I guess I didn't notice it before because she is such a composite of us all! It will be interesting to see how she changes as she grows up...

4 comments:

Kether said...

we were all just looking at a picture of my brother Keith the other day and saying how much Liam looks like him. Just like him. Its so weird.

LOVE your baby pic Carrie.

Isn't it great when you have a good baby day?

Unknown said...

How cool the program did that for you. It looks terrific! I must play around with my photo editing program more. :D Cute pic, by the way.

Glad you and Maggie had a great day. It's always nice when they cooperate.

Kether said...

Happy 1 month Maggie!

Kether said...

how's your dad? thinking of you all..