Monday, July 18, 2005

I Love To See You Smile

Maggie charmed us today with what appeared to be her first "real" smiles! She flashed two of them at me during the morning when I was talking to her. Brian didn't believe me when I shared the news. That is until she gave him one, too, during the evening. Then he tried to claim that the one he saw was "real" and the ones I saw were "fake." I didn't realize this would become a competition of who saw the milestone first!

Her cries are also different now. There is a definite difference between the "feed me or I'm going to starve" cry (which seems to come every hour or two, LOL!) and the "I'm in pain and don't know what to do" cry that she belted out this morning while having constipation-related difficulties in passing a BM (while I helplessly held her, trying to soothe her without having any means to take away the pain). I can't believe we've come this far already!

No comments: