Friday, December 03, 2004

Time? What's that?!

Have you ever noticed how, if you're not particular anxious for anything, time can march on without you realizing it? Or maybe it's just me? It's sort of a weird Zen thing that I discovered earlier in the year (since I can't stand my job - it's so repetitive and boring, and my boss is not a nice person). If I just focus on the task at hand and live in the now, the now passes by quickly. One moment, it was Monday and I was dreading the work week (the problem with long weekends, I'm afraid). But once I settled into my routine on Tuesday, it was Friday morning before I knew it. Time really is relative.

Okay, that's my thoughtful post for they day. :) But time really has been swimming by. I decided not to hype myself up with milestones in this pregnancy, so I'm not putting too much stock in any one date. That was almost my undoing last time. So while I'm looking forward to 2 weeks from now (well, 1 week 6 days) because that will be the start of the 2nd trimester, I didn't even start focusing on it until recently. I'm more grateful for the here and now, that I've had as long as I've had with our baby. I still sneak out that doppler every other day to check up on him/her, but I don't spend very long listening. Just long enough to get a sound clip for the website, and that's it. My new goal is to go to every 3rd day, eventually weaning myself off of it entirely. I honestly don't think I'll have a hard time with this.

In pregnancy symptom news, the nausea is subsiding (although it did hit at 4AM when I got up to pee), but I'm tired all the time again. Ugh! I've also started having cramping that lasts for a very short time right above my pelvic bone - must be the uterus stretching again. I can definitely feel it above the bone now, and that's where I've been finding Peep's heartbeat, too. In fact, I've grown a little bit in spite of my very small weight gain (only 1.5lbs)...I'm in my demi panels now. Lastly, even though I've been FREEZING all along since I got pregnant, yesterday I started having hot flashes. They were NOT pleasant. Most of the time, the nausea came on strong with them, but they lasted only 5-10 minutes each, 15 minutes tops. I guess my hormones must be fluctuating big time right now.

Brian is irritated, I think, that I'm not giving him any ideas for Christmas this year. Every time he asks, I say I need stuff for the baby or gift certificates for maternity clothes. But it's true - I don't *need* anything else. We have enough clutter here, why add to it? That was the same "list" that I gave my Mom for Christmas (although I couldn't bring myself to ask for that from my MIL...I don't know why, but it felt greedy to do that). So then I told him I'd like a spa certificate that I can use for a pedicure later when I can't reach my feet, or a pre-labor waxing since it will be June and I'm sure I won't be able to shave at that point. :) I've been trying to get away from material gifts lately anyway. In the end, it's the experiences in life that are most important, so I've been trying to offer experiences to my family instead of "stuff." They all think I'm weird, I'm sure, but at least I get it.

1 comment:

Kether said...

Those sound like PERFECT gifts =) Especially the "I can't reach them anymore" gifts =) Believe me I KNOW about that! my family is gettin' pretty sick of putting on my socks and shoes and they'll have to be doing it for two more months! =)
I've still got the hotflashes, but I hope the nausea goes away soon. Not that I hope the hotflashes stay, but you know what I mean.
Glad you posted, it was driving me crazy. Was going to have to email you, or stalk you.