Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Nothing To Do

There's nothing like a week off from work. Well, in this case, it's almost a week and a half. However, I get bored being shut in the house pretty quickly. I guess I'd make a horrible stay-at-home-mom. I can handle hanging around the house for a day or two but after that I start to go stir crazy. Being out and celebrating the holiday Friday evening through Sunday night helped alleviate this problem somewhat (I've been off work since 1PM on Thursday), but it's starting to wear on me. Yesterday I made Brian come up with an errand so I could get out of the house, and we ended up eating out. Today I tried to get him out again, but he wanted to relax, so I was stuck here all day. And now, he's at work at his part time job and he took my truck since his needs to be worked on, so I literally am stuck here for the night. I don't feel like cleaning, there's nothing good on TV to watch, and while knitting is interesting for the first half hour or so, I get bored with that pretty quickly, too. I have some books I can read, but I just don't feel like it. I guess I'm just stuck in a funk; nothing needs to be done, and yet, I just can't seem to entertain myself in all this free time. I should be grateful. Come June, I won't know what free time is anymore. My days will be filled with feedings, diaper changes, and laundry - lots of it. I won't be able to go anywhere without bringing half of the house with me and I can forget about just going to the mall or whatever to browse. It won't be worth the hassle (and we'll probably be broke). Yet, I'm still restless and unmotivated at the same time. 6 more days until I return to work. I don't really want to go back, but at least it's something to do outside of the house...

Oh yes, and people are starting to predict the gender of this baby. For some reason, my FIL thinks it will be a girl - which explains why he gave the baby a toy Hummer for Christmas. :) I don't know if he *really* thinks that will be the case, or he just figures that's what's likely to happen because he gave a "boy" gift. But he's said it to people other than us, so I guess that's what he's really thinking. My father and my sister think the baby will be a boy, but my mother keeps saying she's thinking girl. Some of that stems from the fact that she likes to tease Brian since he has this plan that involves the first-born being a boy. I'm not exactly a seasoned veteran at this, but I was so sure with Arabella from the start that I was having a girl. I don't know why, it just felt that way. This time, I don't have any strong feelings, it's just entirely different. I guess that's why I'm thinking we're having a boy (which really explains why I'm buying dresses, huh? :) ). Regardless, we'll have to wait another 6 months to find out. Oh yeah, and my husband's family is having a lot of fun telling me how late *ALL* of their children were. Brian and his sisters were about a week late (all but one requiring my MIL to be induced), and his aunts were telling me of their children who were a month late!!! Yowsers!!! Fortunately, my siblings and I were within days of our due dates, so I hope I have the same in my future for this little one. I imagine once I get near the end, I'll want to be done with being pregnant ASAP!

3 comments:

Rosanne said...

You can always do what I do when I'm bored. Surf. And what do you mean nothing good on TV tonight? Its almost time for The Race! ;)

My guess is boy for you, only because of the dress. I reserve the right to change my mind later!

Kether said...

As I was watching court shows on tv today, David patted my leg and said, "Don't worry, you'll be back to work Monday."
I fee like I've so much to do, but I'm feeling so shitty that I don't want to do anything.
besides, I don't do well at home and I would make a HORRIBLE stay at home mom. I think I'll enjoy the ten weeks with Liam, but I'll need to go back to work by the end.

I'm sticking with girl for you.

Lauren said...

I hope you have found some things to keep you busy. I can totally relate - I go stir crazy at home too.

I am so torn on the sex of the baby. Sometimes I am convinced it will be a girl for you, but then I get strong boy vibes too. I'm going to go with GIRL for now, but like Rosanne, reserve the right to change my mind!