Thursday, December 09, 2004

12 Down, 28 To Go...

12 weeks. Do my eyes deceive me? I can't believe it's been that long already! It seems like just yesterday I got my BFP, but here I am, on the cusp of the 2nd trimester already. A day I wasn't sure I would ever reach, but yet here I am, and pretty much effortlessly this time.

I dreamt last night that I started spotting, bright pink. I woke up terrified. I haven't had any spotting during this pregnancy (other than a very short and very, very light episode back around Halloween), but with Arabella, I spotted frequently. Hence why my mind equates spotting with failure, loss, the end. I'm glad I didn't wake up to any spotting, but the dream still upsets me...

We leave tomorrow morning for Stowe, Vermont. When my husband originally made plans for this vacation, we weren't sure if I would be joining him on the slopes or not. Now we know I'll be spending the vacation resting in our room, knitting or online (in-room internet access!) or checking out the local sights. I keep teasing him that Becky (our cocker spaniel) and I will just spend all day at Ben & Jerry's eating ice cream. :) It will be nice to get away. And when we get back on Monday night, I'll be that much closer to the 2nd phase of pregnancy. Really unknown territory...

1 comment:

Kether said...

Being a west coast girl, a weekend in Vermont has such a wonderfully romantic tv movie ring to it--I hope ya'll have such a great time--even if you will be on the internet obsessively re-arranging your registry *wink*
Second Tri, Carrie. I can't believe its been 12 weeks already. Time is flying by. As ever you and that little one are in my prayers. Have a wonderful weekend!