Sunday, November 28, 2004

Nausea, Nausea Every Day

Ugh! I can't believe that, after going away for almost a week, it's back and worse than ever before! I can't get comfortable anywhere, and nothing works to get rid of it. Yes, it's a sign that baby's healthy, but can't he just start kicking me or something instead? I have no desire to eat whatsoever, and actually *LOST* weight over Thanksgiving! I was down to less than my pre-pregnancy weight!

In other news, Brian and I browsed through Babies 'R Us again last night. It makes me feel so much better to plan ahead, like there really will be a bundle of joy to take home. The mission for the evening: to pick out the crib. I, as I have said before, am the ultimate planner. I made the registry up only a week or two after finding out I was pregnant. It was my way to organize in one place all the things we would need for the baby. It wasn't meant to be greedy - in fact, only my sister and mother know about it so far. It was just another way to list off the essentials (and, let's face it, some not so essential but fun stuff, too!). So Brian and I checked out the cribs again. He narrowed it down to the ones he liked best and let me decide from there. I figured it would be easier to just add it to the registry when I got home but it isn't available online. Another version is on the website (but not available for order), so I'll have to go back to the store to get it on the registry. In the meantime, the picture below is the crib, but we want it in a natural finish. It was one of the sturdiest cribs I could find, and although it doesn't have a dropside, the side wasn't too high up for me to reach in.

Jardine Madison Crib

We also started looking at houses and condos. Well, browsing at listings, really. We're not committing to actively looking yet. I'm not sure how our budget can handle a house payment at this time with a baby on the way. But it doesn't hurt to look. Unfortunately, the market is just way too high right now. Starter homes have gone through the roof and the only things left that are affordable are fixer-uppers and small condos. I don't think we'll be rushing into buying anytime soon.

Today is my mother-in-law's annual Open House party. She asked me on Thanksgiving if we would start telling people. I guess she had printed out the ultrasound page from my family website and had it up in her den. She offered to take it down if we wanted to keep it a secret, but I think it's time. Maybe she and my mom will take the reigns and tell everyone for me. Then the word is out without me having to do it myself. Seems like an easy solution to my dilemma. :)

3 comments:

Kether said...

Carrie,
The crib is awesomely beautiful. I love it. I think its a good idea to let your mom and mil just spill the beans for you. You'll feel relief when its out and you don't have to bottle things in anymore.

Lauren said...

OMG! That's my crib! That's actually one of the two that John and I narrowed it down to this weekend at BRU. It's my favorite of the two we picked out. We like it too because it is so sturdy and I actually like that it doesn't have a dropside. Too funny!

Sorry the nausea is hitting you so bad! I know you hear this everywhere, but it should subside soon! Little Peep just doesn't want you to forget s/he is in there!

Christine said...

Love the crib!! Sorry about the nausea, but it really is a good sign. Hang in there, not much further now.

My form of telling people was the same as yours. When I gave my parents permission, they went hog-wild! I think that my entire hometown knew about it within hours!! (Yeah, and my hometown is a big city!)

Any hints on getting organized???