Friday, November 05, 2004

All Is Well

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
The prognosis is very good. The ultrasound tech (who was extremely nice, I must add) said everything looked great. She even let me *listen* to the heartbeat. You read that right...even though I am only at 7 weeks, I was able to hear that precious little heart beating along. I wasn't even given the option with my last pregnancy. What a beautiful sound it was... Thumping along at 142 beats per minute. So, without further delay, here are the (well, let's be honest, mostly undeterminable) photos! The baby is in between the +s and next to him/her is the yolk sac.







I won't have another ultrasound until 20 weeks, so this will have to be good enough for now. But starting with my next monthly visit, they're going to start letting me listen to the heartbeat at every visit with the doppler, so I think that will make me happy. :) I do have to go back Monday for a follow-up because of my white coat hypertension, but my blood pressure at home as been around 110/62 so they *probably* won't put me on medication, but I know the doctor was very concerned about how high it was in office. We'll just have to wait until Monday to find out how she wants to handle this.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Congratulations! I just knew everything would be great for you. That's a beautiful little one you've got in there! Yeaaaaaaa!

Christine said...

WooooooooooHoooooooooo!!!! Congrats! I'm so glad that everything looks (and sounds) great!!!!!

Jess said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and I'm glad all is well to this point. I'm sure it will all work out well!

Kether said...

Carrie!!!! I am SO excited for you! I am so glad it was such a great appointment! Isn't the heartbeat the most beautiful sound!?!?
I was thinking about you all week. I just knew everything would be great!