Tuesday, November 09, 2004

I'm Normal!

I had my follow up appointment yesterday with the OB for my blood pressure. She looked at my log of readings at home and was amazed at the difference. She said there was no way she'd put me on medication as I would be passed out on the floor if she did. Funny she said that (I'll get to this later). She said the bloodwork came back great, my blood count is apparently really good, and she looked at the ultrasound and felt everything looked the way it should be. So I'm not being labeled high risk. I go back on December 6th for my next appointment. I was hoping to negotiate for 4 weeks from my 1st prenatal appointment instead of from yesterday's appointment, but she had a situation. You see, as I've said before, the OB is also pregnant. I'm guessing she's due in late winter by the way she looks, and she was feeling lightheaded before the appointment started. It only got worse during the appointment. We ended up having to trade places eventually so she could lie down on the table! The nurses came in to check on her, and she kept apologizing, but I was more concerned about how she was doing. I don't know if this has happened to her a lot, but she did say this is the last kid she'll be having, so she must be having a particularly rough pregnancy (it's not her first). In any case, I was shooed out the door so they could take care of her and told that if I had any more questions, I could call back the next day. Is this what I have to look forward to?

In other news, I have no pants. Yes, you're reading that right. I was on a change of life plan last year and lost 30 lbs between July 2003 and March 2004. So, all of my pants were too big and I donated them. (D'oh! Think of all the clothes I wouldn't have to buy while pregnant if I had only saved some of them!) So, as summer came, I bought summer clothes. Then I got pregnant and bought maternity clothes. Then I miscarried and didn't buy any clothes. Now it's getting cold and I only have 3 pairs of pants, and one of them was tight the last time I wore them 2 weeks ago, so I really only have 2 pairs of pants. What a dilemma! If I buy regular pants, they won't fit in about a month anyway. (Am I guessing right? I'm about 8 weeks now, so by the 2nd trimester I'll probably start wearing maternity clothes, especially since I'm a big girl to start with?) But if I don't buy any, my legs are going to freeze. Plus, I hate shaving to begin with, and truthfully, I enjoy getting away with not doing it as frequently in the winter. This sort of ruins that secret plan... Ugh! If only I didn't work, then I could sit around in sweats all day not worrying about this! What to do, what to do?

No comments: