Sunday, November 21, 2004

Clean Clean Clean!

I don't know how I finally found the energy yesterday, but I finally tackled *some* of what I've been meaning to do for a couple weeks now. Yay! I vacuumed the whole apartment (sad that I'm proud of that, but it's been longer than I'd like to remember), packed up my ski and hiking equipment in rubbermaid totes and put that in the basement, reorganized my husband's closet that doubles as the sports equipment storage area (he has the big closet so he has to share it with the skis and such), cleared the kitchen table of my husband's clutter (yay! I can see the table again!), and moved the file cabinet to the kitchen. I'm terrible about filing paperwork and usually let it pile up for a couple months before I finally put it away - the paperwork to be shredded is even worse. For a while now I've been thinking about moving the file cabinet and shredder to the kitchen, figuring that if the paperwork has a shorter journey to its final destination, it may end up there sooner rather than later. Plus, I have to make room in the junk room. :)

A week or so ago, I had the revelation that our apartment is too small to work out once the baby comes. It really is very small and we probably shouldn't make it work, but it can be done - at least, on a very temporary basis. I had forgotten about my original plan of putting my husband's dresser in the front room (aka junk room), where his closet is anyway, to make room for the bassinet and later, the crib. The baby would have to share our room as long as we live here, but that should be okay for the first 6-12 months anyway. We can't go crazy with baby furniture, that's all... No fancy changing tables since we don't really have a lot of room for one, no armoires, or glider chairs. But we can make this work. For a little while. - Can you tell I hate moving? :) I just hate getting out of a situation I know to get into one I don't know. You don't know how the landlord will be, or the neighbors...at least I know all that here.

Today I was hoping to get some of the baking for Thanksgiving done, but I don't know... I may have run out of steam. At least the nausea hasn't been bothering me quite as much this weekend. Don't get me wrong - it's still there. But it hasn't been as debilitating. Only a few more weeks until the 2nd trimester, when the nausea should subside anyway! Just in time for Christmas!! :)

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Good for you for getting so much done around the house - that is awesome! Maybe it will motivate me to finish my projects that I started :) I'm glad you are feeling better and the nausea is easing up. Just 3 weeks, 3 days to the 2nd trimester - woo hoo!

Kether said...

YAY!!! Carrie your posts are making me smile these days. I am thinking about you today and hoping you jump with ease over that hurdle from your pregnancy with Arabella. I will be thinking of the both of you as you push on toward second tri!

Jackie said...

Carrie - you sound so happy! That's awesome that things are going well and you have so much to look forward to with your little one!
Jackie